Ivy League Mail and Package Service Case Study
Residential mail and package services provided internally by the University.
- Poor customer service
- Out of control cost
- Management workload burden
- Low productivity
- Manual processes
- Outsourced residential mail and package services to Datrose
- Transitioned from 100% manual process and paper records to state-of-the-art technology driven process
- Staffing reduced from 51 employees to 30 employees
- Customer satisfaction measurements steadily increased from low 60% to 90+%
- Theft eliminated
- Additional Services added
Outsourcing mail and package operations greatly improved service and allowed University management to focus on strategic core competencies, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction in the process.